Hello there! So, you've probably heard of the Coquette aesthetic recently, right? Trust me, it's one of the most popular aesthetic clothing trend sweeping the fashion world! It's a gorgeous mix of vintage-inspired style and playful vibes that are completely appealing. Let me take a moment to give you a quick history lesson. Also, how it is capturing the hearts of teens from around the world! If you like this style, don't forget to head over and check out our Coquette aesthetic collection!
Coquette Style Guide👆
- 1. Brief Info About the Coquette Aesthetic
- 2. What is the Coquette Aesthetic?
- 3. Must-Haves for a Coquette Aesthetic Wardrobe
- 4. Types of Coquette: Discover Your Sub-Aesthetic
- 5. Related Aesthetics of Coquette Style
- 6. Top Coquette Aesthetic Outfits
- 7. How to Be Coquette Aesthetic
- 8. Celebrity Influence on the Coquette Aesthetic
- 9. Coquette Aesthetic Hair and Makeup
- 10. How to Dress Up for Coquette Aesthetic
- 11. Coquette Outfit Ideas for Various Occasions
- 12. Where to Buy Coquette Aesthetic Outfits
- 13. FAQ's | Coquette Aesthetic
Brief Info About the Coquette Aesthetic
The Coquette aesthetic is actually rooted in history. It’s influenced from Victorian fashion and the ever-so-classy Parisian chic. Picture dreamy dresses with romantic touches, elegant ensembles with lace and ruffles, and all things that scream feminine charm! These elements are being modernized to create an exciting twist. They capture the essence of a fashionable, timeless beauty.
And guess what? Young people are absolutely into it! I mean, who wouldn't be? The Coquette aesthetic is approachable, playful, and allows for self-expression. It makes it a hit with teens and young adults. Platforms like Pinterest have done wonders in capturing and promoting this style. Not to mention celebrities slaying the Coquette look on the red carpet. It's seriously hard to resist!
This blog post will help you get on board with this trend. It’ll help you understand the basics of the Coquette aesthetic. It’ll also give you the lowdown on embracing it. Moreover, it’ll be helpful sharing tips on creating your own fabulous Coquette-inspired wardrobe. So, buckle up and get ready to fall in love with this swoon-worthy style that's taking the fashion world by storm! 🌟
What is the Coquette Aesthetic?
So, let's dive right into this fascinating style. The Coquette aesthetic is known for its beautiful blend of vintage, romantic, and feminine elements. It often draws inspiration from the fashion of the 1940s and 1950s. But what exactly does this mean? Let's break down the main characteristics that make this aesthetic so unique and captivating:
- Vintage-inspired fashion: Think romantic dresses, high-neck blouses, Coquette corset tops, and ruffled skirts. These are all signature pieces of a Coquette wardrobe. It borrows elements from past eras and giving them a modern twist.
- Feminine charm: Coquette style is all about embracing your femininity with classy silhouettes. Also, soft color palettes, and intricate embellishments like lace, bows, and frills are the motifs.
- Romantic touches: This aesthetic is oozing with romance, featuring delicate floral prints, sheer fabrics, and dainty accessories. They add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your look.
Now, you might be thinking, "How does the Coquette aesthetic stand out from other popular styles?" Well, it's actually quite different from other aesthetics like Dollette, Soft Girl, and Baddie in various ways: Unique blend of eras, emphasis on elegance, and it's adaptable yet distinctive.
So if you're looking for a fashion style that allows you to embrace timeless elegance with a sweet, flirty twist, get ready. The Coquette aesthetic is just the perfect match for you! 💖 With this understanding of what the Coquette aesthetic is all about, you'll soon be turning heads. Also, you’ll be stealing hearts with your swoon-worthy outfits. 😉
Must-Haves for a Coquette Aesthetic Wardrobe
Now that you have a better understanding of the Coquette aesthetic let's dive into the essential elements of a Coquette wardrobe! These key clothing items and accessories will help you create the perfect Coquette-inspired looks.
Key Clothing Items:
- High-neck blouses: Coquette style loves high-neck aesthetic blouses, often featuring Victorian influences, lace, and embroidery for an elegant touch.
- Corset tops: These chic aesthetic tops are perfect for adding a vintage, flirty vibe, giving off a feminine feel.
- Ruffled skirts: Ruffles are a huge part of the Coquette aesthetic. Incorporating them in aesthetic skirts will elevate your look in no time.
- Floral dresses: These romantic aesthetic dresses with delicate floral prints are perfect for embodying the Coquette aesthetic.
- Dramatic sleeves: Look for pieces with puff or bell sleeves that add an extra layer of romance and glamour.
Accessories to Complete the Look:
- Dainty jewelry: Opt for delicate necklaces, Coquette bracelets, and earrings to complement your Coquette outfits.
- Headbands and aesthetic hair accessories: A soft headband, hair clip, or bow can provide the finishing touch to your elegant ensemble.
- Lace or sheer stockings: These aesthetic socks add a touch of Victorian-inspired style and sophistication to your look.
- Vintage-inspired handbags: Choose classic aesthetic bags in soft color palettes or intricate patterns to tie your look together.
- Heeled shoes: Channel your inner Coquette with a pair of sophisticated pumps, block heels, or ballet flats.
Types of Coquette: Discover Your Sub-Aesthetic
The Coquette aesthetic is a diverse world with sub-genres that cater to every type of romantic soul out there. Here's a brief guide to the different types of Coquette aesthetics you can explore:
Classic Coquette: This is the quintessential Coquette, heavily inspired by vintage fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. Think Jane Austen meets modern-day street style, where empire waist dresses meet dainty flats and parasols.
Glam Coquette: Imagine the golden age of Hollywood, but with a 21st-century twist. Glam Coquettes love a bit of sparkle, preferring silk gowns, fur stoles, and pearls. They embrace the luxurious side of the aesthetic, with a nod to the classic film starlets.
Casual Coquette: For those who prefer a more laid-back approach to the aesthetic, the Casual Coquette focuses on comfort without sacrificing style. This type blends softer, more practical elements like cotton ruffled tops and cozy cardigans with the romantic Coquette details.
Dark Coquette: Here's where the aesthetic takes a moodier turn. Dark Coquettes lean towards Victorian gothic romance with a touch of mystery. Expect to see darker florals, lace gloves, and velvet fabrics, all in a more subdued and darker color palette.
Indie Coquette: Indie Coquettes mix vintage thrift finds with indie fashion elements. It's a playful, artsy take on the aesthetic, often incorporating unique patterns, quirky accessories, and unconventional layering to make a statement that's all their own.
Edgy Coquette: This variant spices things up by integrating leather, studs, and darker makeup with the usual Coquette attire. Perfect for those who want to combine their love for romantic dressing with their bold, rebellious spirit.
Nature Coquette: Inspired by the enchanting forest scenes and meadow walks, Nature Coquettes are all about floral patterns, earthy tones, and natural fibers. Their wardrobe is a bouquet of flowy, nature-inspired pieces that bring the outdoors into their style.
Royal Coquette: For those who want to channel their inner royalty, the Royal Coquette emphasizes luxurious fabrics, exquisite detailing, and sophisticated accessories. Think of Duchess-worthy gowns, tiaras, and gloves that speak of a regal past.
Boho Coquette: A free-spirited take on the Coquette style, the Boho Coquette is all about lace, florals, and flowy silhouettes, combined with bohemian elements like fringes, beads, and floppy hats.
Minimal Coquette: Stripping down to the basics, the Minimal Coquette focuses on clean lines, simple shapes, and a neutral color scheme. It’s for the Coquette who loves the aesthetic’s silhouette but prefers a more understated approach to dressing.
Each Coquette type offers a unique take on the romantic, whimsical style that defines the aesthetic. Find which one speaks to you the most, and don't be afraid to mix elements from different subtypes to create a look that's uniquely yours. Embrace your inner Coquette with Litlookz Studio's versatile collection, where every piece is a love affair between fashion and poetry.
Related Aesthetics of Coquette Style
Even though the Coquette aesthetic is one-of-a-kind, many styles look like Coquette. Here you can take a look at these styles.
- Nymphet:Nymphet aesthetic looks like Coquette more than the other aesthetics. This style is based on the movie: Lolita. Heart-shaped sunglasses, lip gloss, femininity, youth, lace details, and Lana Del Rey are the central motifs of this aesthetic.
- Vintage Americana: Vintage Americana aesthetic is based on the American Dream of the 1950s-1980s. Cherries, Coca-Cola bottles, and heart-shaped sunglasses are the essential elements.
- Key-West Kitten/Coconut Girl: This aesthetic is related to Florida and its culture. Femininity, youth, pink and purple, and summer are associated with this aesthetic.
- Vamp: The Vamp aesthetic, highly popular in the 1950s, is also rooted in Coquette. Femme fatale figures, seduction, the color red, pencil dresses, lace, ruffles, and veiled hats are the main elements.
- Dollette: Originating in the 2020s, the Dollette aesthetic is heavily influenced by Coquette girls on TikTok and Pinterest. The color of pink, luxury, romance, youth, flower patterns, and feminine touches are the main motifs of this style.
>Top Coquette Aesthetic Outfits
The Coquette aesthetic has many trends and outfits. It has various types of clothing. The most popular trends among Coquette enthusiasts include these essential clothes.
- Romantic vintage-inspired dresses: Long flowy dresses with intricate lace details, puff sleeves. Also, delicate floral prints continue to be a top choice for Coquette enthusiasts. They create a feminine and dreamy vibe.
- High-neck blouses: Peter Pan collars, ruffles, and soft pastel colors make high-neck blouses a favorite amongst Coquette followers. These blouses can be easily paired with skirts, aesthetic shorts, or jeans for casual and dressy looks.
- Tulle skirts: Layered tulle skirts, with their airy and delicate appearance, and aesthetic mini skirts remain a cornerstone of the Coquette aesthetic. They’re perfect for elevating an outfit from casual to glamorous.
- Aesthetic corset tops and bustiers: These flattering and feminine tops are a versatile addition to a Coquette wardrobe. They’re popular for daytime and nighttime outfits.
How to Be Coquette Aesthetic
The Coquette aesthetic is a unique and captivating style that celebrates feminine charm, delicate details, and an alluring sense of playfulness. It invites individuals to express themselves by embracing their softer, more whimsical side.
To be a Coquette aesthetic, you should definitely have the attitude and wear Coquete aesthetic outfits. One source where you can find Coquette-inspired clothing is Litlookz Studio, a new-generation aesthetic clothing store offering unique pieces in various Coquette styles.
Coquette Aesthetic Tips;
There are various ideas for upcycling and personalizing your clothing.
- Wearing lace detailed aesthetic tops and adding ribbons, doing embroidery, altering the silhouette are ideal for this style.
- Creating your own Coquette-style accessories. Repurposing vintage aesthetic jewelry, fabric, or other materials will be a great way to create your own unique Coquette wardrobe. Ideas include making hair bows, brooches, or hand-sewn fascinators to enhance your outfits.
- Mixing and matching different pieces you already own are perfect! Creating more complex and intriguing Coquette-inspired outfits will help you look lit. Combine lightweight blouses, cardigans, and skirts in coordinating colors, and many more. Incorporate lace accents and sheer materials to achieve a romantic and feminine look.
- Focusing on a color palette that reflects the Coquette aesthetic. Pastel shades, soft neutrals, and romantic florals can create a harmonious look. Add a touch of Coquette to your personal style. Have hairstyles and makeup that evoke the era. Try soft, loose curls, winged eyeliner, or a bold red lip to complement your outfit. Finally, tie the whole look together.
Celebrity Influence on the Coquette Aesthetic
As with all the other popular styles, there are many people who embrace the Coquette aesthetic. Here are a few examples that you can get inspired.
Coquette Aesthetic Hair and Makeup
Romantic and feminine hairstyles are a cornerstone of the Coquette aesthetic. Loose curls or soft waves can be easily achieved using a curling iron or heatless styling methods like hair rollers or damp braiding hair and letting it dry. Also, vintage-inspired updos, such as chignons or braided crowns, can add a touch of elegance and charm to your Coquette look.
For Coquette aesthetic makeup, artfully wispy, flirty lashes are essential to the Coquette look. Applying more mascara to the outer corners of your eyes can make any eye shape appear more doe-eyed. False eyelashes can also be used for added drama. Also, you can use soft blush on the cheeks for a touch of innocence and romance. Additionally, a classic red lip or a soft pink shade is ideal. It can effortlessly elevate your Coquette-inspired makeup look.
How to Dress Up for Coquette Aesthetic
For a chic, dressy daytime look, take inspiration from Coquette music festival outfits – pair a high-neck, ruffled blouse with statement corduroy shorts. Add some over-the-knee socks, heeled ankle boots, and a wide-brimmed hat for the perfect blend of Coquette and boho style.
Transform your Coquette-inspired party outfit into a more casual ensemble by layering a leather jacket over your slip dress. Pair with ankle boots and a layered necklace for a stylish, dressed-down version of the classic Coquette look.
Dress up a casual Coquette outfit by swapping out sneakers for a pair of kitten heels. Boost your look with statement-making earrings, and add a structured blazer for a chic, polished finish.
Coquette Outfit Ideas for Various Occasions
As Coquette aesthetic is timeless and perfect for every occasion, here you can get various tips for different events.
Casual Coquette outfits
For a relaxed weekend outfit, go for a floral babydoll dress with a pair of Dr. Martens. Layer a light oversized denim jacket on top, and accessorize with delicate gold hoop earrings.
Combine a pastel-colored sweater with a romantic lace midi skirt, and pair it with white sneakers for a modern Coquette look, casual twist on the Coquette aesthetic. Add a stack of gold bracelets and a crossbody bag to complete the look.
Coquette-inspired outfits for parties and events:
Taking cues from Coquette fashion influencers like Bella Hadid, wear a form-fitting satin slip dress or a Coquette cut-out mini dress that cinches at the waist. Pair with strappy heels, a statement necklace, and a bejeweled clutch for an elegant, event-ready look.
Make a statement at a garden party or daytime event in a puff-sleeved, intricate Coquette floral mini dress. Accessorize with lace-up heeled sandals, a small top-handle bag, and subtle pearl earrings.
Channel the Coquette aesthetic at evening parties with a high-low tulle skirt paired with a bustier-style top. Add bold accessories like chandelier earrings and a metallic clutch, finishing the look with embellished sandals.
Where to Buy Coquette Aesthetic Outfits
Girls, we know that you’re craving to buy unique coquette aesthetic outfits. By staying up to date with the Coquette aesthetic collection of Litlookz Studio, you can effortlessly incorporate the Coquette aesthetic into your wardrobe, creating personalized and captivating looks. Additionally, you can explore other sources or use the suggested techniques to modify your existing clothing and accessories as well.
Check out our aesthetic blogs for more information if you enjoy the Coquette aesthetic and want to learn more about related styles. Wanna look fashinating with your look? Check out our how to be aesthetic guide to look lit wherever you are. Also, our 33 types of aesthetic guide is perfect to discover different types of aesthetics, take a look!
Did you like Coquette aesthetic? Comment below which outfits you like most!
FAQ's | Coquette Aesthetic
Q: How to pronounce coquette?
A: The word 'coquette' is pronounced as \koh-ket\.
Q: What is the coquette trend in 2023?
A: The coquette trend in 2023 emphasizes a flirtatious yet sophisticated fashion style, often featuring vintage-inspired clothing, delicate fabrics, and feminine details to create a whimsical and romantic look.
Q: What is Coquette aesthetic personality?
A: The coquette aesthetic personality is characterized by a playful and flirtatious demeanor, often with a hint of mystery. It's about embodying confidence and charm while expressing a love for vintage and romantic fashion.
Q: Why is coquette toxic?
A: The term 'toxic' in relation to the coquette aesthetic may refer to the potential for such flirtatious behavior to be manipulative or misleading if taken to an extreme, but it is not inherently toxic. It's important to maintain respectful and genuine interactions.